Well, my idea evolved during it's making. I thought to myself, well it's not just outside of the classroom, it's inside the classroom as well. So I decided to approach the use of Information Learning Technologies use as a whole and not just one area. The guidelines are and reflect on what should be observed in the traditional physical teacher delivery in the classroom.
Below is the guidelines and brief I produced:
Below is a set of questions which can act as a set of guidelines when observing ILT within and outside of the classroom.
It will help to make informed observations of teaching practice embedding the use of Information Learning Technologies (ILT).
The feedback generated will help capture good practice as well as improvements to move forward the creative use of ILT.
This can also be used as a reflective tool to enhance own practices in the use of technology.
Current observation question of ILT:
Was ILT used to support learning?
“Effective use of a video clip.”
“Yes by the use of PowerPoint.”
“Moodle used effectively with resources to support learning.”
The feedback would benefit from saying what is actually being done with learners using ILT. The following questions will help you to achieve this. It will help identify good practice and developments to increase quality of ILT use in learning delivery.
Observe and examine the use of learning technology in the learning activity/ies that occur within and outside the classroom.
Recognise the difference between IT and ILT use to encourage active participation and enjoyment to enhance the learning experience. Below are questions to act as guidelines when observing ILT activities:
- Identify the technology and/or eLearning approach used.
- Explain the learning activity/ies that are being used with the technology.
- Describe if and how all learners are engaged.
- Identify how all learners are fully participating in the activity/ies.
- Describe how learners are set challenging tasks that build on and extend their learning with the technology.
- Describe differentiation approaches with the use of technology.
- Describe how learners are given frequent feedback during the activity/ies within the technology.
- Describe any supporting resources used with the technology.
- Identify how learners were given the opportunity to evaluate their learning experience of the technology.