Monday 16 September 2013

Giving first aid

I've been given the opportunity to do first aid training at the College.  It's not the first time I've been asked, but I feel the time is right to do it now.

I'm not really good at dealing with anything medical; seeing and dealing with blood etc and talking about it haha!  I am interested in it all, but it does affect me shall I say.  But, after some thought, I have faced some medical challenges this year and was really brave of doing that.

So I have turned it all into one big positive!  First aid for me is a life skill.  Something we should all know.  But in the process it will help me overcome my fear of medical situations.  Doing first aid training will help me feel confident in helping others and allow me to help myself in situations too, inside and outside of work.

It's a three day training course, so there will be lots to learn and apply!  It may even spark interest in further medical and health related learning...